Now that we have got you all drooling about fried chicken, let us come to your rescue with a crunchy and easy fried chicken recipe that will allow you a taste of authentic fried chicken without needing you to step out from the comfort of your home. This easy peesy recipe takes minimum effort but the flavour sure packs a punch.
- You will need:
1 kg chicken legs
Half a cup of curd
2 tsp chicken seasoning or garam masala
½ tsp black pepper powder
Salt as per taste
1 tsp dried herbs
1 tsp red chili powder
1 cup oats
1 cup flour
1 egg beaten nicely
And of course oil to fry
How to make the magic happen:
1. Make bone deep cuts on the drumsticks and boil them in water along with the black pepper powder.
2. Take the boiled drumsticks, and marinate them in curd along with the chicken seasoning, dried herbs, salt, and chilli powder for a minimum of 4 hours. You can even marinate it overnight if you really want the spices to shine through.
3. After margination, coat the drumsticks in flour and fry on high heat till slightly brown.
4. Take the fried drumsticks, dip in egg wash and roll in oats before frying again on medium heat till golden and crispy.
Mix a little mayo with mustard or chilli sauce and your perfect dip to go with the chicken is ready.
- Email us your comments about the recipe on our email address email@example.com. You can even email us a photograph of the prepared recipe for it to be featured in our next issue. Till then stay happy but never hungry.